Permits (Issued by the Clerk's Office)

The Village Clerk issues various permits for alarms, peddlers, filming, dumpsters, handicapped parking, and so on. To apply for a permit, click on the name of the form you need below, print and complete the application, and return it to the Village Clerk's office with the appropriate fee for processing. Checks are payable to the Village of Sleepy Hollow.

AlarmsCommercial - $250 for new system; $200 annual renewal fee.
Residential - $100 for new system; $75 annual renewal fee
(calendar year)
Amusement DevicesContact the Town of Mt. Pleasant Clerk's Office. 914-742-2312
Dog License

Sleepy Hollow Residents: You must obtain your dog's license, yearly, from the town of Mount Pleasant. Other County residents, you must obtain your dog license yearly in the town you live in. Click here to read more.

Dog Park Permit$25.00 per calendar year for Sleepy Hollow residents - and, $30.00 for Non- SH residents, plus a current dog license and updated rabies certificate must be submitted with application.
Dumpster Permit$250 deposit plus $65. per calendar day.  Must submit proof of delivery and pick up of dumpster/container
Filming Application$1,000 per day-private property; $1,500. per day-village property (Other fees may apply)
Freedom of Information ApplicationApplication for Access to Public Records (.25 per page plus other fees when applicable)
Gardeners Permits$150. permit fee plus $25. per vehicle fee; calendar year. *Gas Powered Leaf Blowers are PROHIBITED from May 28, 2021 until Sept. 30, 2021* (Summons will be issued)
Handicap Parking PermitNo fee - SH residents only.  Medical form must be certified by physician
Peddling/Hawking/Soliciting$30. per calendar day  (or) $500.00 for calendar year
Street/Sidewalk Opening$300. per each permit, plus $1,500 deposit - refundable per request - upon project completion and approval by Department of Public Works

Marriage Licenses


The Village of Sleepy Hollow does perform civil marriage ceremonies at Village Hall, but you must obtain a marriage license from a Town or a City Clerk's office in NYS, prior to the ceremony.